THIS JOB POSTING HAS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES.
You’ll create engaging content, execute compelling marketing campaigns, and get to work in all areas of our company’s marketing program
You’re a versatile, passionate, creative, bright and articulate individual with initiative, resourcefulness and great writing skills, looking to launch your career in marketing.
We’re a much loved and growing Vancouver company based in Gastown that offers engaging work, flexible work arrangements, and opportunities for training and development.
Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours offers highly popular walking tours and special events that celebrate our city’s unique, diverse, and remarkable histories. Here are some reviews from our guests on Trip Advisor:
“What an incredible evening, Eric’s performance was really impressive, taking you on a journey through Gastown’s history. Following an immersive narrative, making you think you’d jumped back in time.” – Summer, via Trip Advisor
“Glenn is a wonderful tour guide and storyteller. I’ve done a lot of walking tours on my travels in big cities, but this one is special.” – Joanna, via Trip Advisor
“Tracy has us laughing, crying and everything in between. This tour was phenomenal!” – Emily, via Trip Advisor
We believe in giving our guests captivating, fascinating, and compelling experiences they will remember and treasure for years. Many of our guides have been with us for years and we work hard to create an inclusive, positive, supportive, and welcoming culture in our company. You will be a key contributor to our team.
We’re looking for a full time Marketing Coordinator to join our team and work across all areas of our company’s marketing program, including digital, social media, PR, events, and our reseller network. You’ll work closely with the company Owner and President, Operations Manager, our SEO and digital marketing agency, and freelancers to bring our brand to life. This is an entry-level role for a candidate with excellent communication skills and a positive, proactive, and entrepreneurial mindset who wants to learn and grow.
- This is a full time permanent position.
- The compensation package is a salary of $36,000 plus performance related bonus.
- We offer flexible work arrangements – work from home or from our Gastown office. The position does not have a fixed 9-5 schedule.
- The position comes with a discretionary annual training budget of $1,500 for use on external training courses and certifications that will advance your expertise and knowledge.
- This is an entry-level position suitable for someone looking to launch their career in marketing.
- A demonstrated interest in Vancouver history is welcome.
- A diploma/certificate/bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as marketing, digital marketing or communications is required.
- Ability to contribute creatively and propose original concepts and ideas.
- Willingness to work in a team and also ability to work autonomously.
- At least 6-12 months previous relevant work experience is required, such as an internship or contract work, or may suit someone returning to work from a career break.
- Experience in copywriting is welcome.
- Experience creating content for social media, including photo and video content.
- Ability to use social media platforms effectively at an advanced level (e.g., Facebook, Instagram). Basic knowledge of graphic design software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop), WordPress and Microsoft Office.
- Keen for a challenge and looking for a company to grow with.
PLANNING, MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Support and contribute to the creation of the annual marketing plan.
- Work alongside the company owner and president, Operations Manager, external digital marketing agency, and freelancers to strategize, plan, and execute the marketing plan.
- Monitor and report on marketing campaign ROI.
- Create high quality social media content to engage followers and partners across the company’s social media channels.
- Create digital content including photos, gifs, and videos.
- Monitor social media channels for questions, comments, and reviews, and post responses.
MARKETING PROGRAM DELIVERY
- Optimize our presence on reseller websites.
- Collaborate with freelance graphic designers to create print collateral.
- Support the company’s media outreach efforts, including the creation of a media kit.
- Create written copy for blogs, posts, the website, reseller sites, and other digital media.
- Support the development of partnerships with like-minded organizations to cross-promote our experiences.
- Create email marketing newsletters.
- Execute non-technical SEO work recommended by our external agency.
- Coordinate content for e-newsletters and promotion email communications.
- Coordinate our presence at promotional events such as PRIDE week and Car Free Days.
How to apply
We are an equal-opportunities employer and we welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, and sexual orientations.
Please apply by responding to [email protected] and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. Instead of a cover letter you can also send us a short (3 min) video introducing yourself.